Fish in a Tree

I hope you have all enjoyed sharing the reading of Fish in a Tree.

There are a lot of great messages in this book and the author even left a message for her readers’ at the end.

“We all have our special talents, and areas where we need to work harder. Honestly, I’ve learned so much more from – and have been ultimately successful because of – my failures. Things will not always be easy; sometimes we do fail. But it isn’t failing that makes you a failure. It’s staying down that does. The ability to stand up, brush yourself off, and try again is a huge strength. It’s something that will take you very far in life. Very far indeed.”

Can you think of a time when you found something challenging; when you had to try and try again? How did you feel before? During? After? Share your courage, resilience and perseverance in the comments section below.

10 thoughts on “Fish in a Tree

1. Something that I found hard was finishing all my homework on one day! How I overcame this is I tried my hardest to get everything done before my parents get home. Before this I felt stressed and sad. During this time I felt happier and after I felt proud of myself

2. I wanted to make a lego boat(do not try this at home because if you put the wet lego on a wood floor, it stains the floor) once, like one that really goes into the bathtub, so I got my lego tubs and got the big floor pieces and then started to build. During the build, I was happy because I was doing something that I never did before. I had to show courage when I just needed to put the roof on and I was worried it would break. It didn’t so I put it in the bathtub and turned the tap on. I had to show resilience when it sank in 5 seconds. After I was happy because I kept adding things on to my ship and at last it didn’t sink till 10 seconds, then it started taking on water.

3. I used to be terrible at basketball but now I am getting better and better at basketball because me and my sisters are playing basketball in the garage. Before we started doing this, I felt that I couldn’t do it, but I am persevering and I am getting better. Now I feel like I can do it, and I am learning more about myself and how good I really am now at basketball.

4. In fish in the tree my favourite part was the part they all cheered on ally that was so kind! There was lots of collaboration and feeling! In the book Albert made friends with ally. But first she was shy when she got to school later they where not shy because she got lots of good feelings
    !

5. I used to love drawing and I still do but I never wanted to finish my drawings, because I didn’t like it, doubted myself or wasn’t sure what is was going to look like in the end and I also sometimes copied other people and didn’t feel good at the end because I knew it isn’t what I can do and the best I can be. Now I have started to finish my drawings and use my own ideas and I have told myself I can do this. Now I have felt better about myself. And you feel good inside like Ally when she learnt to read, she felt good and was a happier person. I believe that it is ok to copy but change the idea. but when you do everything the same I fel bad and it stays with me.
    Stay imagining
    Joanna

6. I had to persevere when I was trying to make a 3D LEGO bear head. I couldn’t find any brown so it ended up being random coloured. It was really hard and when I finished I dropped and lost some of the pieces. I was really frustrated and I had a break. Then I came back and nailed it.

7. That post was great!
    I loved how the paragraphs were really spread out and even. Something I struggle with is trying to finish all my work in one day. I think I will try thing with the cats. It looks really fun my cat will love this.
    Mila

8. My sister and I are resilient because we are trying to make a gigantic minecraft house and because it takes so long we have to be resilient otherwise it will take forever and we will not get it done. And we are also curious because we test different things out together. We are also imaginative because we tell each other the ideas we have so the house will be soooooooooooo big.
    katya

9. I was once wanting to draw a drawing of a old building with lots of detail. I thought I wouldn’t have to try again and again. I ended up trying so many times it took me a week. But the thing I was still trying. I ended up finishing the drawing and I still have it and when I see it, I think I should Draw something even harder because it doesn’t matter if you took a long time to draw it, if you didn’t finish it or if it didn’t come out as you imagined it to be. It matters about if you tried.
    Isola 4DS

10. Something that I found challenging was doing my homework on time! I felt very worried when I first looked at it because I didn’t know how I was going to finish all of it in time. When I was doing my homework I kept getting distracted by things and having to redo it. But when I managed to finish it, I felt relieved because I didn’t have to do it again!

Cassie